Saturday, February 4, 2012

May 2011 Update Part 1

This month marks 5 years since my mom had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. So I threw her a surprise party with all her friends and family. It was such a great turnout and she says she was so surprised. That same day happened to be Liz’s baby shower so Mom watched my kids while I went to the shower and then she met me back at the house to see all her friends for the party. 

The car seat cover I made her. With matching burp rags.

The cutest little saying.. "My finger may be little but I can still wrap my Daddy around it"

All the food and friends waiting for my mom to arrive.

We hung up signs that we given to her during her treatment. There was also a display table with some of the items that she received during the hard days. As center pieces on the tables, we put all her hats that she wore once she shaved her head.

Decorated the front lawn with pink and white balloons and my Dad made a "Happy 5 year anniversary" Sign.

Some sweet old friends from the Waterpark

Kallie and Owen. Everyone wore pink in honor of Breast Cancer.

Shelby and Parker

Getting all the invitations made and ready to send out to more then 50 families.

An example of the invitation we sent out. Love those.

1 comment:

David and Liz Barham said...

Those are the worst pictures of me ever!! I'm still sad I missed your moms party but you guys did such a good job!